Thursday, June 25, 2009

The "I hope no one gets pissed" post

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- attributed to Albert Einstein

I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to write this down... but here goes nothing!

I've discovered recently that I'm the same old naïve, clueless and immature 15-year old brat I was 3 years ago. I still remember just like yesterday how I, with my bestest bestest frenthos seated around the table, revealed my brilliant 'discovery'... This was almost exactly 3 years ago... Then a few months later, it broke my heart to tell them that it didn't work the way it was supposed to...

Now fast forward to about 2 years ago: School canteen, early morning. A skinny kid is surrounded by a bunch of peers, their eyes all filled with eagerness. He details the events of a fortnight ago, sensational events: he had made a life-altering 'discovery'... any bets on who the kid was? Nope, not Harry Potter... though the last book did come out around that time! ;)

So now, they say the 3rd time is the charm eh? Well not in my case.

One of my friends is going to Aussie for uni, so I'll be meeting my best friends tomorrow at a farewell party of sorts... Guess what kinda story the skinny kid surrounded by his friends will be telling them?