Monday, October 12, 2009

Pokerface

I've developed a brand new addiction to playing poker on Facebook... which is kinda strange, because back when I was in school (during the last two years of A/Ls) everyone was playing Facebook poker in the computer labs and real poker in the classrooms during off periods, and I wasn't! :S I was more interested in playing Counter Strike in the labs (we'd switch to the easier-to-conceal-behind-your-work Deluxe Pool when the teacher started breathing down our necks!) and wandering about around the school during off periods... man, those days were fun! :D

St. Fallen shared a cool and lightweight application called Screamer Radio that enables you to listen to a wide range of webcasts from radio stations around the world... what I like most about it is the ability to save the tracks onto your hard drive, something that I used to do by manually going through my Firefox cache, but is now only one click away! so we're basically using legal radio webcasts to illegally download music... niiiiice! lol ;)

My favourite station on it at the moment is Radio Luxembourg, which is the descendant of a famous station situated in Luxembourg that used to broadcast rock music to the UK back in the day... something like the offshore pirate stations in the movie 'The Boat That Rocked' I watched sometime back. That movie was good! The soundtrack was awesome! I'd definitely recommend it for lovers of '60s music! :)

10 comments:

  1. Facebook games ARE addictive to say the least... Seriously. I havent played poker, but I do play some other games obsessively. And NOW, I cant seem to get Pokerface out of my head!

    Thanks! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha lemmi guess, you play BarnBuddy/Farmville/Mafiawars? ;)

    oooops, sorry about that! was totally not my intention! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Face book is trying to pull back its followers through this games strategy

    BTW thanks for the link you send me a while ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think so too, but applications have been both a boon and a problem for Facebook in recent times... :)

    Thank you for reading that post... I thought you would be the best person ask, hence I sent you the link! Thanks again K! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe.
    I hate the Barnbuddy its so complicated.
    I prefer answering the Quizzes cause they are almost as true as things are actually. 0.0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barnbuddy is evil! they wanna take over the world! ;) lol

    hmmm I see that when I log into FB! :P hahaha ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude. I love poker too!

    Back in the day, like 2003 or so, when I was still in the Uni what we did most of the time was playing Poker. I had no hesitation in skipping lectures, so were most of my mates so usually it was 9 to 6 Poker. LOL.

    Back then there was no FB Poker app, so it was only real Poker. There was this one app though, I have forgotten its name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't even know which hands are higher, but I keep winning insane amounts of money! :S

    haha that sounds like our A/L years in school! our guys would skip classes and play in empty classrooms! ;D

    the one I'm using is called 'Texas HoldEm Poker' by Zynga, the people behind Mafia Wars and FarmVille... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know the Zynga Poker, its the app on FB. What I meant is, there was this other app back then, NOT on FB since there wasn't even FB back then and we used to play on that a bit too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. riiight! I think I've seen a couple of standalone poker apps too... :D

    ReplyDelete