Wednesday, April 22, 2009

You know you're living in Sri Lanka when...

...one day you're boiling in the heat, and the next it's raining cats and dogs and thundering and lighting like there's no tomorrow! :) Yes, thank goodness the heat's gone away... man that was the worse couple of days I've had in the last few years. Hope no one starts complaining about the rain now, as John Lennon put it so aptly in the often forgotten (or rather, underrated) Beatles B-Side "Rain":

If the rain comes they run and hide their heads.
They might as well be dead.
If the rain comes, if the rain comes.
When the sun shines they slip into the shade
And sip their lemonade.
When the sun shines, when the sun shines.


So from nagging about the weather, to something we men (or boys as some would say...) like to nag about a lot: women! I mean I love women and all (ok maybe not as much as Mr. Bush's gynecologists! hahaha) but you know, when you're in a boring class trying to horen twitter* write some complex VBA code to update tables in Access, the last thing you want is for a bunch of girls to start giggling (in that annoying high pitched voices of theirs too!) about how hot(???) some jobless bugger in Twilight(???!!!) is... and the feeling of sweet revenge when the teacher shouts "Girls! enough gossiping now, get back to work!" is followed by that feeling of your stomach turning upside-down when the bugger cries "oi Chavie?! twittering are we??!!! wtf man! I thought we were facebook brothers and all!!! Stop procrastinating and get back to work!!"... Haiyooo, women! ;P hehe *runs away from horde of females out to kill him* :D

Anyhooo, what does it say about a guy when he's trying to turn on his computer in the middle of a thunderstorm just to write a blogpost!? :S nothing good I suppose... heh :(

* horen twitter- trying to twitter in class without getting noticed by the teacher! :)

6 comments:

  1. The rain almost woke me up last night. o.O

    Haha! By reading this blog of yours I came to realize your one of the male species! xD.

    O. That Twilight Fanpire is a total rot. Yeah a girl confessing here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. same here GG, I was awake since 2.30 pulling out all the plugs and then just got little snippets of sleep... Zzzzz :)

    haha so you mean all the blog posts you've read before suggested that I was a female? O.O hmph... lol :D

    yeaaa... I mean I guess the book is alright (a male friend of mine suggested that I read it... Didn't get a chance yet) but the movie just sucks big time IMHO... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weally? o.O. I thought it was the LTTE firing my house or something.

    ;D.Yeah cause I have this real good "girl"friend goes by the name Chavi.So yeahhhh! =D. So doesnt your blogname sound way biiittt feminine??! Am kidding. =P.

    There are some movie flicks that you should pick reading their books than watching them. =).

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehe :D I'm in charge of plug pulling duties in these parts, it's a 24/7 job... ;) hehe

    ahhh... but it's a shortened form of my middle name... oh well I don't really use it much anyways... hence it's usage as a blogging pseudonym... :D

    yep... very true! most films don't do justice to the books, something that strangely happens when the book itself is very popular and all the movie studios are looking for is to make a quick buck out of it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plug pulling duties! Haha.

    -Scratches head-
    Clear. Then it must be Chavith or Chavinath! =D.

    Like for instance Slumdog millioinaire! =). They made a miliion out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's Chavindra... ;)

    On Slumdog, did you read the book? I never got to, only watched the film. But that film was pretty good... Nice soundtrack too... :)

    But my favorite movie last year is Wall-E by far... Did you watch it? Amazing how so much can be said using so little dialogue... :)

    ReplyDelete