Friday, April 17, 2009

12 Simple sins...

Making use of Dee Cee's open tag, here are my 12 simple sins: (although none of them are really sinful when you think about it...)
  1. Waking up naturally (without an alarm etc.) at 6.30... Really love it coz when I wake up at around 9 like I usually do (lazy is not the word to describe me... lol), I feel that I've wasted the best time of the day even before it began! I think it's a family trait, this being insanely early shit... I for one ain't complaining... :)
  2. Drinking my morning milk + milo... Made by myself, just the right concentration, just the right ratio of hot water to cold water. Makes my day!
  3. Eating a good plateful of rice, with fish, wattakka, gotukola mallum and cooked mangoes... Delicious and Nutritious! :)
  4. Catching a Beatles song on the radio... Although I have 113 of their songs (and their solo work: 10 by Harrison, 6 by McCartney, 4 by Lennon) it's still a pleasure to listen to it in the car, knowing the parents are listening too, coz I rarely listen to stuff with them, and having stuff we can listen together is pretty nice... And they weren't called the Fab four for nothing, there's something truly magical in those perfectly harmonising vocals I tell you!
  5. A meetup with the good friends... Only the best ones, not the pretenders!
  6. Going places, travelling... Rajarata, Ruhuna or the hills (yes I sound like a radio presenter giving out the frequencies... lol) and hopefully the North and the East in the near future...
  7. A drive through the streets of Colombo, on a holiday (like the one we're having now, when the streets are virtually deserted) at dusk! I love the shadows and the light falling through the high rises into the little lanes!
  8. Watching a good comedy. The last good one I watched and can still remember why I laughed is "Forgetting Sarah Marshall".
  9. Reading a good blogpost... Something funny and thought provoking at the same time... RD is the man when it comes to stuff like that... :)
  10. Eating mangoes! :D or durian, or rambutan, or avacadoes, or ripe-to-the-perfect-degree (any Sri Lankan ought to know what that means) kolikuttu with tikiri marie! (what can I say, I'm a simple man! haha)
  11. Time spent with the cousins, all of them! and at a place where we can play our good long games of cricket from dawn to dusk!
  12. Seeing that look of quiet pride in the parents' eyes when I do well at something... Priceless! :)

19 comments:

  1. omg #3...I want to get on the next flight home :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you a gotukola fan or a mango fan? My mom doesn't like to buy gotukola since she says it can get real dirty, and you don't really cook it you just make it into mallum, so it won't kill the germs. So I don't get much gotukola, we have to wait till the plants in our veggie patch are grown enough to eat... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with gotukola mallum. If I could marry gotukola mallum, I would :D Every time I go home, the neighbours make gotukola mallum and send 'cos they know how much I love it :D But yeah you have to wash it *really* well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha then you'd be Mrs. Pseudo Gotu-Mallum! :D fun eka! hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like I'm famous for my discovery of Durian! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes you're the official durian lady now... ;) Must find this durian ice cream everyones talking about! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Durian Ice cream?? Holy Shizzel! o.O You serious?

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, rumor has it that it's available at carnival... can't confirm though. You a fan? :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kollikuttu with Marie???? You serious?

    Durian ice cream??!!! WHERE???!!!!!

    *Mental note to check carnival on my way back frm work*

    ReplyDelete
  10. @CB: Kolikuttu with anything is good, marie is there on the top of the list, followed by cake and chocolate biscuits etc... :D I'm a kolikuttu fan, don't really mind ambul and aanamaalu, as long as they're not over-ripe. Something I've tasted a long long time ago and loved but never got to eat since was ripened alu kesel... yumieness! :D but people usually don't let it go ripe because the unripe fruit is a curry (which I don't really fancy, but my mom makes me eat it...) ;)

    Yea, I should check out Carnival too... :/ :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heck of a yes! I LOVE Durian! During the Durian season in Colombo I sense the aura of Durian while driving through Havelock road. -Sigh-
    =).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! there are more durian lovers than I imagined in the local Blogosphere! Yes, and durian has that distinctive smell that makes it repulsive to most people... I personally don't find anything too bad in the smell myself... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes!! SMELL! I like when things smell good. Even lingerie. Even people. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  14. *Tries to imagine lingerie with Durian-fragrance* hmmm, interesting... ;) and I like people who smell nice too btw... :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha! That would be amazing to hit the Lingerie market!! =D.

    Smell me! Orr lets try sniffing lingerie together. Haha! Akward.=P.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wait, GG you like lingerie that smells like Durian??! LOL. Oh wait...hold the phone...you want Chavie to smell your lingerie/you??!

    LOL That's just hilarious.

    Hate Durian myself. Steer clear of it. Wouldn't know about durian-lingerie though. And they have the Durian ice cream. It's actually not too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think we should all meet up someday and have some durian ice cream together! lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. ;D. I didnot mean to say that though...BUT wait if Chavie wishes to sniff my lingerie he can go ahead cause no harm they are perfumed every two other day! =P.

    Besides, the Durian lingerie was invented by Chavie and Me. =P.

    Yeah we should meet up and pig out on that lingerie scented icecream! ;D.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha, I don't think mom would be too happy if she knew I was out sniffing lingerie... if you know what I mean... ;)

    ReplyDelete