Thursday, March 4, 2010

Hello 'sphere, how have you been?

It's a beautiful sunny Thursday morning, and I don't have any lectures today! :D YAY!

I wanted to write a post about everything that went on, but was just utterly exhausted at the end of the past few days to get around to it. My posting frequency has gone down a bit in the last few months or so, and I need to get it back up to something acceptable like 10 posts a month, at least...

So anyway, last Sunday I got onto a 255 (always a bad idea) to go to Mount, and the busdriverkakkiman took 1 hour and a lazy 15 more minutes to get there. Why go to Mount on a Sunday, you might ask. Well, it was to go see TRALE, which would be ending on Sunday, or so I thought. A quick walk from the bus stand took me to the Small Club grounds, but when I got there I found out to my utter horror that it was empty, there was a Cessna which was partially covered up and a Helicopter on a truck waiting to be taken away. The poster that I had put up had it's dates wrong, you see, and the supposed 3 day event had been reduced to a 2 day one. It was one of those epic *facepalm* moments, as fell down on my knees and started wailing like a baby. Or not.

Anyway, the day's adventures were far from over. It was Paparé Boy's birthday and the wonderful bunch of bloggers had decided to throw him a surprise party, since he was all emo and going to slit his wrists and kill himself one of these days! hahahaha ;). So anyway, I went up to ODEL and happened to see Jerry walking out, I shouted "JERRY", "GERALDINE" and "BOB THE BUILDER" but alas, my uppercase shouts went unheard. So I did what every stalker at his first stalker blogger meet-up does and followed the poor boy, ambushed him right in the middle of the road and stabbed him in the back with a bottle of Apple Soda. And then waved, said hi and smiled my sweetest little smile. What a way to introduce yourself, right?! :D Anyway, the meetup was fun, everybody was really fun to listen to. And that's what I did. I mean, it was too much fun to just watch them interact and listen to stories of how Paparé Boy did unmentionable things to fellow male bloggers and how oceangirl- errrm, nevermind! :D Anyway, in the middle of all of this I got a mad urge to shout "Wordpress SUCKS!", but it was just me and Paparé Boy against like 9 highly muscular Wordpress users so I kept my mouth shut! ;) The night ended with Makuluwo and Foxy discussing how best to kill babies with your bare hands or something sick like that, and then beating the crap out of each other Foxy. All in all, it was awesome to finally meet the people behind some of the best blogs in Sri Lanka and I can't wait to do it again! :)

Annnnnnyyyyywaaaaai, I'm really bored now. It's 11:21 and if we had uni today Y, Me-shak and I would be sitting at a table in the canteen, doing our customary ritual of cut-the-lecture-and-sip-tea. Well, they sip the tea and I sip a Milo. I never really got the concept of tea. I mean, boiled leaves and sugar? :/ And I come from a family involved in this whole tea racket also, such a traitor! lol ;D

19 comments:

  1. "fell down on my knees, and started wailing like a baby"

    Yeah i think you did :P

    I came, I saw, then i left :P. I kinda expected more. I was thinking they'd have lot of model trains and stuff like that. But I guess the little kids were enjoying themselves :)

    Cheers!!!

    Enjoy the day off, lucky bugger

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that must have been fun...meeting ze bloggers. I unfortunately (sob) haven't met a single one...yet. sad ha?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 255 sucks! The worst is @ katubedda junc...First they wait for half an hour all wheels together..then front right wheel on the road..wait... then rear right wheels..then front left wheel.. then all six wheels on the road and still waiting... Glad I'm no longer on that route.. phew...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Azrael - I was going through some photos that my friends had put up and I noticed this too... I guess the fact that the organizers couldn't get the gymnasium this time prevented more tracks from being exhibited. I'm sorry about that... :(

    Hehe, will do! Cheers! :D

    Sue - Yep they were! :D You should come to a meetup then, they do meet up regularly, almost every weekend it seems! :D

    Kirigalpoththa - Hahaha, soooo true! :D They're the masters of the art of delaying the journey, those 255 drivers. This bus I took last Sunday actually stopped in the middle of the road and started pumping air into the tyres! And then the next bus overtook him and they raced to Piliyandala, that was fun! ROFL! xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. lucky luckay.
    shame on me I still havent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha that was funny! Was great meeting you that day.

    GG!!! I'm DYING to meet you :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boiled leaves and sugar? Well, Milo is blended beans and sugar. What's the big difference?
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! The blogger meet up sounds like it was fun!

    Don't know about the tea though. I love it and drink it all the time. Used to be a huge Milo fan till I started putting on weight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. GG - I thought you've met some of them atleast? :S Or is it just Maks?

    Black Rose - Was great meeting you too! :D

    Echo you on wanting to meet GG! :D

    Sach - Hahaha, you've got a point! ;)

    Resident Princess - It was! :D

    Haha, I was just joking about that... but yes, I prefer chocolate flavoured milk over tea! :D (And I also dislike hot beverages, so...) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds fun, I've never met any other bloggers either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lady D - It was! :D

    Sabby - Awww! :( April isn't that far away, is it? :)

    RD - But I thought you did? :S

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww... wish I could have been there at the meetup! Sounds like you guys had loads of fun...
    Missed me? lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Angel - Wish you were there! :( Yes, it was loads of fun! :D

    Yep, we did! :) Try to make it to a future meetup!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahaha!!! i LOVE this post it's like chavie on crack! :D :D can totally picture u sitting in a corner grinning maniacally, and then without warning screaming "WORDPRESS SUCKS!!!!" and then shrinking back into the shadows :D aneyyy!! *HUG!*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blacky - Hahaha, I'm glad you liked it! :D By the way, HOWWW did you know about the grinning maniacally part? :O Makuluwo totally accused me of sitting and laughing and secretly planning to murder everyone! ahahaha ;) *hugs back* :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha i dunno!!! :D - the vibe of this post kinda made me picture it :D dead on huh? ;) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Blacky - You totally rock at picking up vibes man! :D Yep, dead on! ;D

    ReplyDelete