Sunday, March 7, 2010

After Hours

I've been thinking (oh noes!)... The lower your expectations are in life, the happier you are going to be. Does that mean that you won't be giving it your best? Stretching yourself to the maximum possible? Yes, or maybe. Does it really matter? Not if you stop, take a look around, and enjoy the little things in life... :)


(One, two, three)
If you close the door
the night could last forever
Leave the sunshine out
and say hello to never

All the people are dancing
and they're having such fun
I wish it could happen to me

But if you close the door
I'd never have to see the day again

If you close the door
the night could last forever
Leave the wine-glass out
and drink a toast to never

Oh, someday I know
someone will look into my eyes
And say hello
you're my very special one

But if you close the door
I'd never have to see the day again

Dark party bars, shiny Cadillac cars
and the people on subways and trains
Looking gray in the rain, as they stand disarrayed
oh, but people look well in the dark

And if you close the door
the night could last forever
Leave the sunshine out
and say hello to never

All the people are dancing
and they're having such fun
I wish it could happen to me

Cause if you close the door
I'd never have to see the day again
I'd never have to see the day again, once more
I'd never have to see the day again

12 comments:

  1. "Hope for the best, expect the worst, life's a play, we're unrehearsed"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me like this post..:)

    makes sense too... so what inspired this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahha.. the ultimate sunday song! simple, uncomplicated :) oh and the video rocked ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this song. It's so catchy. I can't stop singing it. "Enjoy the small things in life", I like your style.

    Cheers =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigma - Thanks for that! That's a lovely way to put it! :D

    Lady D - Thank you! :D Well, just loneliness and too much time on my hands! lol :D

    Sabby - Yep, I love all of their stuff, but most of it isn't upbeat at all! lol :D

    Losh - Yep, an awesome song to listen to when your just chilling! :D Yes, it's one of the better and more creative user-generated music videos I've seen! :D

    Me-shak - Haha, I learn from my master of life's philosophies! ;D Hope you'll sing it for us tomorrow man! hahahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. blessed are they who do not expect anything for they shall not be disappointed (from the Bible, apparently.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was thinking the EXACT same thing myself today..
    Part of it fuelled by the fact that I graduate in 2 months and I don't know if I should try hard for some super duper job or just relax and be happy and not expect too much..
    I love life as it is...
    Money certainly complicates things
    sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'Expect nothing and you will never be disappointed' is another way of putting it - or, as the Buddha said, 'desire causes suffering'...

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'Contentment is the biggest achievement in life'

    Well..i know i have not achieved that..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angel and Java - Those are some really nice quotes! Makes a lot of sense, doesn't it? :D

    Dee, Serendib Isle - Glad you guys liked it! :D

    Aamina - Yes, money does complicate a lot of stuff! Congratulations on graduating!!! :D

    Kirigalpoththa - Words of wisdom man... And I think it's human nature to not be content with what we have, and this I guess is why we have been so successful (well, really depends on what you call success I guess) as a species... :)

    ReplyDelete