Monday, January 31, 2011

Mud

You know what would make the Galle Lit Fest cooler? If they had authors mud wrestling. That'd be pretty cool.

I'm rather bummed that I didn't make it to Galle this weekend, but that's cancelled by the whole 'glad to be alive' thing that I've got going on.

I wholeheartedly recommend watching Stranger Than Fiction. Sure, they could've made it better, but the story's serious while being quite funny, and Maggie Gyllenhaal is nothing but smoking all throughout.

I decided I shouldn't hate Java just because it's very popular and a lot of people use it as a golden hammer. I also learned that writing single line methods gives me a 'kick'. ;)

Van Morrison really is an underrated artist. I mean, sirawata! :/

Since I won't really be able to support Wikipedia financially (till I get myself a credit card), I decided that spending some time each week expanding stub articles and starting up new ones on stuff that I like would be a nice way of contributing. I also discovered that I've been a registered Wikipedia member for more than 4 years now! O_o

Stuff I want to do next month: Go somewhere exciting (could be in Colombo, could be out, I don't care), go for the Wagon Park concert on the 12th and pass my midterms. :P That is all.

9 comments:

  1. Isn’t ‘Glad to be alive’ thing a Sri Lankan phenomenon - I see nothing wrong with you going along with that for a while. ;)

    BTW, Mud Wrestling. Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up, Why not start a Lankapedia and educate ignorants like me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think those who boycotted GLF were the biggest losers!

    May be they will do good in a mud wrestling..

    ReplyDelete
  4. watched the film..loved it too :)
    Have anyone ever told you you are such a nerd?? :P registered Wikipedia member!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Serendib - Yes, I guess it's the after effects of having lived through bus bombings and stuff. ;)

    Glad I'm not the only one who'd like mud wrestling! ;)

    Magerata - There was some start up for a Lankan wiki, but it didn't reach critical mass I guess. :(

    Kirigalpoththa - Yep, they lost out on plenty of sun and fun... :D Davy's got a really interesting take on the boycott, btw. xD Reporters Sans Frontiers are pretty good at mud slinging, dunno about mud wrestling though. ;)

    Hoot - Cool! :D Haha, you wouldn't believe how many times. ;) They've started calling me Sheldon now. :D

    Thanks for the comments, you guys! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mud wrestling Chavie? Really? :) Everyone needs to have a good to be alive thingie I think.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Book Baker - *sheepish grin* :D Did you guys make it to GLF, btw? And yes, totally! :D

    Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete