Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happeh!

This is going to be nonsensical, but I'm mentally prancing around in joy. This week, everything from Monday onwards, has been awesome. Lectures got cancelled Tuesday (Pirith at uni) and we got tomorrow off as well (research symposium at uni. HA!) and I wrote a report I had no idea was due today in like an hour, got it printed and handed it in as well, and to add to that, I helped out a friend who couldn't make it, made his report look fabulous (note to Meshak: you sent it as email text... aneyyy babo! :P) with my customary formatting (wink wink... look at the design of this blog... imagine that minimalism in a word document. People who've had the (dis)pleasure of working with me hate me with a passion for messing with their formatted headings and painstakingly tabbed indentations) aaaand printed it and handed it in too and I did all of that and I got out of the building just right on the dot at 5 when I told my father that I was coming out and I fully appreciate how much I love my mom for the first time in years and I ate so much food today and had yoghurt and cookies and I'm hiiiiiiiiiiigh...

I told you it was going to be nonsensical. I swear it's the gotukola and all that lime acid talking. :D

But yes, moving on to the more serious part of my post, one of my oldest and bestest (suck it spellcheck, that word exists!) friends, who's also a budding veterinary student, is starting out a small foundation for pooches, that aims to do big things. So if you're inclined towards animal welfare, and would like to learn more, please visit their blog at http://thepoochfoundation.blogspot.com/ :)

Soooo, to end my happy, high, high post I shall leave you with a gig played in the sky (or on the rooftops of London) and the longest microtonal lick George Harrison was ever forced to play by one Sir James Paul McCartney. It last from 1:22 to 1:26 in the video and I think it beats the one in Helter Skelter by a mile, but my ear hasn't been tested recently so can't be sure. ;)


P.s. A note about everyone who's complaining in that video: They got to hear the last gig ever played by all four Beatles together. Imagine what that must've felt like after a good few years! :D

9 comments:

  1. So where is Me-shak?
    Like the idea of 'The Pooch Foundation'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, finally a foundation for us :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirigalpoththa - Meshak is really really busy these days. But I have a feeling he might come on Blogger tomorrow. :D

    Thameera - Hahaha *facepalm* xD

    Thanks for the comments, you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are studying at SLIIT?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beatles and Pooches - two of my favourites! Looks like you are better already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoot - :D :D :D

    Anon - Yep. :D

    Java - My faves too! And I am! :D

    Thanks for the comments, guys! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like the 'mentally-prancing-in-joy' you :D
    and i forgot how u like gotukola so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Black - Haha, I enjoy being all mentally prancing... after all the negativity last year it's a welcome change! :D

    And yeah, I was compiling a list of my favourite side dishes today and they were:

    1) Gotukola
    2) Pumpkin
    3) Polos
    4) Sweet potato
    5) Karawala + Pol Sambol (can't split those into two, they go together so well!) :D

    Thanks for the comment, Black!

    ReplyDelete