Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A quick one, while he's away

Enough with the classic rock references already? ;)

Ok, I'm running out of time (have to leave for uni within the hour) so I'll make this quick. The past month was a feeble attempt (that almost succeeded) to kill the blog. Yeah, bad Chavie. Not that I haven't been busy, oh I have been oh so busy. Between exams, assignments and learning a myriad of ways to sort and search data, I've had little time to breathe and play the occasional game of Civ. Did I mention that I got addicted to Civ in the middle of all of that? Yeah, so all the free time I had was spent producing artillery to bombard the enemy's capital and be a general dick to everyone on the map. But I digress.

The reason I was away was that I didn't want to deal with all the emotional shenanigans that have been taking place behind the screens all around this place we call the blogosphere. But all of that is behind me now, and I've found out that all it takes is a couple of nice friends to express their confidence in your character for you to move on. So "Screw the misunderstander(s), I'm going home!" (Yeah, I've started watching South Park too... awesome doesn't cut it!).

Aaaanyway, since I'm so good at giving promises and breaking them, I won't tell you that September will be a post-filled month. But hopefully, for the sake of my sanity (oh how I've missed ranting on this thing), it will be.

15 comments:

  1. Super! You should have done this long time ago!

    Cheers :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kill the blog? That is VERY bad chavie! Leave that game of Civ for a moment and blog a bit more :) (like in last March for e.g.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you have broken the radio silence.
    This period has been a bit of a apala period. It was marked with a few shocking cases of "exposing" people variously—especially in "perpetrators" getting caught in the act.

    See what happened to Delilah during her office meeting, Mervyn Silva, Randiv, Mazhar Majeed & Pakistan cricketers, & the GM of SL Railways, to name a few.

    After the first week of Sep., it will all be fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Emotional shenanigans"? ko ko ko? :D

    Looking forward to the rants :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! really? I was so unaware.. well.. me too was away for a good while and got back so prolly I missed all the action. -__- Anyway it's all good that you took a deserving break.. but don't you dare kill your blog. =D

    Good to have ya back and it's cool to know you'd be up for a blogging spree this month. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dili - aaah! \m/ right back at ya bro! :D

    Meshak - I wasn't convinced till last Saturday that it was the way to go. :)

    Kirigalpoththa - That's the plan. I haven't played Civ in a while now! :D

    Amila - Wow, you've listed it down pretty convincingly. Had no idea about the railways GM till you mentioned it. I think the new minister means business. :)

    PR - Oh, you know where. But what all of us haven't been able to figure out is WHY! :)

    Harumi - Haha, well it didn't play out in public (thankfully). Yeah, I'm glad I took a break too. I guess I discovered some sides to me that I didn't know existed before... :D

    Well, as I said, I'm not giving any promises, but let's see how it goes! ;)

    Thanks for your comments, guys! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay!
    Glad you're here..I love your blog..
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aamina - Thank you, feels good to be back! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah, screw 'em misunderstander(s),and keep bloggin. We love yer blog, Chavie lad!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad your attempted murder didn't work ;) Good to have you back Chavie boy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hoot - Thank you! :D It's good to be back, I missed you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete