Thursday, September 30, 2010

When September ends...

...don't wake me up, I be exhausted and sleepy. The past 30 days have been perhaps the most hectic of my life, but thankfully it's all over now and October will be the month of waking up at 10 am and never leaving home unless it's for something fun. ;) So technically we're supposed to be on study leave, but who studies during study leave anyway? That's what the night before the exam is for! :D

Anyway, amidst all the chaos, I managed to make it to the book fair, got blown away by the literally madness (more like the breeze at Galle Face where we went after) and contrary to popular belief that I'm an illiterate hobo, walked home with a copy of Shehan Karunatilaka's Chinaman. He's perhaps the only person who's won both a Gratiaen prize AND a TNL Onstage. I'm glad I was busy, since I would've written a post about how absoflippinglutely freaking brilliant the book was, but I would never have made it sound as good as Indi did in his review.

Anyway, I better get to bed now... long long day ahead, many bugs to squash. I fell short of my target number of posts for September by about 7, guess this means I should set more realistic targets for next month. ;)


Tutu!

12 comments:

  1. Hey, October is holidays for you? Our Trip Idea still on right?
    Let me know a weekend you can head to Kalupahana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a good time in October, but hit the books a bit, otherwise you will be crying like November Rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ado, you have to give Chinaman to me as soon as you finish. Thats what you call pure awesomeness, winning TNL and the Gratiaen. Looking forward to read that.

    Excited about the bug fixing.

    Ha ha ha @magerata.


    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I set up my present blog I had intended to write at least one post a week... now three years later, sometimes I'm just able to manage one post in a month :\

    Happy study leaving chilling :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. lolx. study hols eh. never works for most of us :P sounds like september was full for u. and i agree wid d puppeteer. study a bit... mebe like 4 days before the exams ya? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kirigalpoththa - Yep, Oct. is study leave but exams are starting on the 17th so I guess it won't be holiday holidays. :( But November and December are full holiday months for us so we could do it then! :D

    Magerata - Hahaha, will do! Thanks! :D

    Meshak - No. :P You said you have no time for reading and gave me the "condescending look" or whatever that was. ;) Anyway, there's a queue longer than the number of people waiting to ask the bitchgang out for the book. :D

    Meg - Yeah, targets and blogs don't really match, I guess! :D And thanks! :D

    Losh - Yeah man, study-leave is an oxymoron! :D Yep, glad September is over and yeah hoping to study perhaps 4 days before the exam like you said! ;)

    Amila - haha, the way things are going it's probably going to be very moist! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy holidays Chavie!! Maybe I should get this book... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Book Baker - Thank you! And you should, I promise you you'd love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow.. you're on study leave.. Happy Holidays to you! lol

    Sounds like a great book. Have fun reading. ^__^

    BTW I seriously am wondering why all these great book exhibitions need to be hosted either in Galle or Colombo and not in Kandy. Are we that illiterate? =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Harumi - Yep, I am and finding actual studying a wee bit challenging. :D

    Well, I finished it 4 days after getting it actually. It's one of those books you can't put down... nicely sustained too. :D

    Haha, I did hear about some British Council book thingy that was held in Kandy, but yeah, they really should have book fairs all across the island. :(

    ReplyDelete