Monday, June 4, 2012

Things left unsaid

I haven't even touched this thing in ages, have I? I miss the days when I could write something stupid and get a million comments. I miss being anonymous, being able to speak your mind, you know? There are so many things I want to shout out about, so many things that the blogosphere circa 2009 would've been able to help me with. Everything was so much better back then, and I'm not just saying that for nostalgia's sake. We were family, even though scattered around the world and never having met.

Getting back to the present, I've been done with the first semester of my last year for about 3 weeks now. The batch is all back home, de-stressing. Some of us (a tiny fraction, really) even went on a pretty awesome hike, more on that in another post. :)

By the way, I'm no fan of modern pop, but I rather like this "Call Me Maybe" tune. I'm even more of a fan of the memes that it has spawned.

There's even an epic one for the bronies (via Chathura):


Ah, on the topic of bronies, I don't think I mentioned this on the blog earlier, but I'm now a die-hard fan of the show. It's all Gehan's fault, really. :P And before you get into insults about my masculinity: the dark ages called, and they wanted their bigots back.

And in other news, I think that certain people need to be reminded that nothing pisses me off more than people who shove their religion in my face. See, I've avoided discussing topics of faith on this little blog of mine because I absolutely loathe discussing things like that in public. Nothing is more personal than your beliefs, and I respect people who understand that. Reminds me of this awesome SatW comic:


Anyway, I'm off for now. It was good to let all of that off. Hope I can continue this. :D

12 comments:

  1. I'm telling you again. Go undercover. For realz. Maybe then you can say what you need to say - John Mayer style? :P

    I miss the old days as well. The fights, the debates, the trolls, the controversy, the tag-sprees, the community and the good stuff in between. Ah well, apparently blogs will be obsolete in a few years. Maybe reblogging GIF's from tumblr is the new tomorrow :|

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gutterflower - I kinda did. I hope you figure out, and I hope I don't get found out. ;) And that's a lovely song! I love John Mayer but this is the first time I'm hearing this track! O_o

    Dili and Gutterflower - Yes, the good old days. And the trolls. I was telling Himal how much I missed the trolls. And I actually used to hate them back in the day. :(

    I guess we've gone from being the cool kids who created content to mindless consumers. Oh well! :|

    ReplyDelete
  3. O_o you *have*??? I need to start reading more blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NOT a new blog, Angel. Something else. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi how was your results?

    ReplyDelete
  6. "And before you get into insults about my masculinity: the dark ages called, and they wanted their bigots back."


    Very Well Said xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. My little pony? awwww.. How sweet!! Have you by any chance tried the care bears? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You mean those guys who did this, right? ;)

    But yeah, this is the new My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic series by Lauren Faust. Has nothing to do with the old series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, quite true about the good old days.. I too miss them. It's sad how much things can change dramatically with time, not just in blogosphere but almost everywhere else too.

    Anyway nice to hear you're having time to de-stress. :D And hope to see some pics of your hike. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah! I'll hopefully get around to posting about the hike sometime soon. Totally forgot about that. :( Thanks, Harumi. :)

    ReplyDelete