Monday, May 31, 2010

(not so) celeb crushes

So Dili tagged me to list the most embarrassing/wrong celebrity crushes I've had over the years. Nothing I say will probably top KERMIT though! ;)

1. Alexis Bledel

Don't let her looks fool ya, that brain can kill!

Yes, I watched Gilmore Girls.Most people who diss the show have never even watched it, or just don't appreciate how well it dealt with a lot of the issues ranging from the challenges of being a single parent, to how girls in Asian cultures find liberation (I just loved Lane... and her mom!), to growing up, to sex drugs and rock and roll, all in it's own charming and quirky manner. So what makes me pick the actress who played Rory, instead of the cute and just utterly-amazing-on-all-levels character that she portrayed? Interviews, aaaand the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants (yes I watched that too... so sue me!). I am fully convinced now that Alexis is Rory and Rory is Alexis. And I love her to bits! :)

2. Anna Stern, from The O.C.

Awwww!

Isn't she just one of the most gorgeous geeks ever? And such a sweetheart too. Now why did you have to leave the show so early? :(

3. This might be the weirdest crush on the list, but hold onto your hats:

...


Katara from Avatar: The Last Airbender 

Bring out the feds, let's bust this pedo!

She was the force that held the group together during their quest to singlehandedly defeat the ultra powerful Fire Nation. And she's a kickass waterbender and healer too, how cool is that? :)

4. Ginger Foutley from As Told by Ginger


This is getting creepy, I know! O_o

I just love, love, love Ginger! And I've wanted to get into Carl's secret lab ever since I was a kid, and dating his sister might just be the easiest way in! :D

5. And ending things in a classy note:

Sydney Bristow from Alias

She can be anything you want her to be! ;)

Between her mom, her dad, the CIA and SD-6 trying to kill you, she might actually be a pretty nice girl to date!

I hereby tag Harumi, Meshak, PurpleBoxers and Black. Gogogogogo! :D

18 comments:

  1. "And I've wanted to get into Carl's secret lab.."

    I thought you were gonna say '....her pants!' and i'm like 'Don't do it, Chav!!!' in my head! :D

    Katara is okay, i have a crush on Zuko :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha why am I not surprised that you like Rory/Alexis Bledel? And you like not one, but two underage fictional characters. Nice.

    Oh and if you're gonna have Sydney, can I have Vaughn? Please? Thanks :D

    Sabby: I thought he was gonna say "And I've wanted to get into Carl's pants..". Weird much?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Between her mom, her dad, the CIA and SD-6 trying to kill you, she might actually be a pretty nice girl to date!'

    lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginger is amazing :D
    Was that the best pic you could find of Alexis Bledel in the world wide web?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sabby - Hahahaha! Disturbing, to say the least! ;)

    Ah Zuko... he's too angsty for my liking, but who can blame him after everything he's been through eh? :(

    Pseudo - Because I'm bound to have told you about it ages ago! :D Hey, I was underage too when the Ginger thing happened, so technically it's not wrong! ;)

    Didn't they kill Vaughn or something? :D But yeah, will send him over if he's around! ;)

    Again: Very disturbing! :P

    Dili - Haha, yay! :D

    Losh - *Alias fan hi5* :D

    Amila - I can't believe you know about Ginger! :O

    Nah, but it's a beautiful "Rory at Friday night dinner" sort of pic so I put it up! :D

    Thanks for the comments you guys! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha Ginger. so adorable she is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol at Katara.. hmm.. wonder if my lil nephew would say so too. hehe He's a big fan of Avatar and doesn't miss a single episode.

    Nice choices.. um.. I dunno about Ginger though.. lol Anyway thanks a lot for tagging me but I wonder if I ever had any celeb crushes. hmm.. if it's about manga crushes I could name hundreds! They've got tons of great guys who would never exist on earth. -__- But I guess nobody would wanna know. *sigh* lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the Tag :D

    I find Alexis' mom more attractive than her, the mature woman attraction syndrome, I know ;)

    ginger reminds me off the Wild thorn berries, which reminds me of Debbi :D Oh, gosh I was so turned on by that girl :D Oh Sydney :D Mwa!!!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GG - That she is! :D

    Harumi - I think any guy who watches Avatar has a soft spot for Katara... ;)

    Well, Ginger, I was her age when that crush happened so it wasn't technically a bad scene! :D Manga crushes are perfectly alright Harumi, as long as you're having fun writing the post, that's all that counts! :D (so I hope you write it, eventually if not right now)

    Meshak - No problemo! Hahaha, Loralai! :D Actually, during the later stages of The O.C. I had a thing for Seth's mom as well! Maaaachan! lol :D

    Yeah Ginger does have Eliza's look, and Debbie, I didn't really like her till she went for that interview at the private school and started talking about 'The ivory trade ban of 1990'! Was blown away by that! :O haha

    Hoping to see a post soon!

    Thanks for the comments, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I was reading Pseud0random's post, I suddenly remembered Ginger Foutley too. Yes, school boy crush. And Alexis Bledel I like. =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ginger is the best in the list for an embarrassing celebrity crush.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Danny - Haha, glad to know that I'm not alone in this! :D

    Kirigalpoththa - haha, yes she is! I'm red all over after reading the comments! lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww.. really? hehe.. ya that's totally natural. Thanks Chavie. You're the only one who'd ever say that about manga.. lol The reason I started blogging was to talk more about anime n manga but at that time the response was so low that I totally gave up the idea. -__-

    But now that I've come across hundreds of stories, I've been wondering of having another blog opened, and instead of posting fan videos, I wanna do some reviews for these stories. Will definitely highlight those characters once I do so. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Harumi - Sometimes, this can when you can't find people with similar interests. I think a good thing to do is finding out a few manga blogs and making connections with them, and also getting your blog listed under Manga in a big aggregater like Technocrati.

    Hey that sounds like a really good idea! :D As long as you're having fun doing it, and blogging doesn't feel like 'work', that's all that matters yeah? :D Good luck with your manga review blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice list...

    I'm going to have to go with Alyson Hannigan... Mostly "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" Alyson (Willow) and maybe "How I Met Your Mother" Alyson (Lily).

    Not necessarily "Band Camp" Alyson from "American Pie"... though she was cuter in the second movie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ya, Lankan blogosphere has nothing to do with manga or anime whatsoever. lol

    oh ya, that's a great idea. I've come across a dozen or more sites like that.. though not many blogs. But will give it a try.

    Thanks a lot! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sean - Woooow!!! I never did watch Buffy and HIMYM... you've just given me an incentive to do so! :D I did watch band camp though, but at a friend's place so didn't really pay attention to what was going on in the movie! haha :D

    Harumi - yes, but that also makes you unique... if anyone in the blogosphere wants to know about Manga or Anime, they know who to call! :D

    Hehe, try it out! It'll be cool! :D And no probs! :D

    Thanks for the comments, guys! :)

    ReplyDelete