Monday, May 31, 2010

(not so) celeb crushes

So Dili tagged me to list the most embarrassing/wrong celebrity crushes I've had over the years. Nothing I say will probably top KERMIT though! ;)

1. Alexis Bledel

Don't let her looks fool ya, that brain can kill!

Yes, I watched Gilmore Girls.Most people who diss the show have never even watched it, or just don't appreciate how well it dealt with a lot of the issues ranging from the challenges of being a single parent, to how girls in Asian cultures find liberation (I just loved Lane... and her mom!), to growing up, to sex drugs and rock and roll, all in it's own charming and quirky manner. So what makes me pick the actress who played Rory, instead of the cute and just utterly-amazing-on-all-levels character that she portrayed? Interviews, aaaand the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants (yes I watched that too... so sue me!). I am fully convinced now that Alexis is Rory and Rory is Alexis. And I love her to bits! :)

2. Anna Stern, from The O.C.

Awwww!

Isn't she just one of the most gorgeous geeks ever? And such a sweetheart too. Now why did you have to leave the show so early? :(

3. This might be the weirdest crush on the list, but hold onto your hats:

...


Katara from Avatar: The Last Airbender 

Bring out the feds, let's bust this pedo!

She was the force that held the group together during their quest to singlehandedly defeat the ultra powerful Fire Nation. And she's a kickass waterbender and healer too, how cool is that? :)

4. Ginger Foutley from As Told by Ginger


This is getting creepy, I know! O_o

I just love, love, love Ginger! And I've wanted to get into Carl's secret lab ever since I was a kid, and dating his sister might just be the easiest way in! :D

5. And ending things in a classy note:

Sydney Bristow from Alias

She can be anything you want her to be! ;)

Between her mom, her dad, the CIA and SD-6 trying to kill you, she might actually be a pretty nice girl to date!

I hereby tag Harumi, Meshak, PurpleBoxers and Black. Gogogogogo! :D