Monday, April 12, 2010

A sunrise and a sunset

I don't think I'll be posting anything for a while, so I thought I'd upload some photos that I took around the house... :)

These two were taken on the same day, looking east as the Sun woke up. I'm beginning to play around with the centre-weighted exposure metering on the camera. Funny thing is that I didn't know this feature even EXISTED before I took my first proper look at the manual after like an year and a half of using the camera... *facepalm*



These were taken today, as dusk set in. The first was looking eastwards and the second was looking westwards. We get such lovely sunsets sometimes, and this makes me wish I had a rooftop like Me-shak's! :D



And the final photo is totally unrelated to the whole 'Sunrise sunset' theme, and depicts some little Monkeyboos having mangoes after their leader raided our tree! My comfortable slumber was interrupted by these fellows and had to rush out with eyes still half-closed to chase the buggers away... *grumble* :D

13 comments:

  1. Ha ha, funny :P Dude, you can all ways come over:)
    Great pictures. You guys have monkeys? Cool :)
    We'll meet up soon!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meshak - lol, you know I love your rooftop nuh? :) I'm coming over TO STAY after finals, promise you! :D

    Thanks and yeah man, we have monkeys and Thalagoyas and all kinds of wildlife! ;) See you soon mate! You know, not meeting you guys actually makes me miss the good old uni mud puddle... ;) *yikes* hahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. love d 2nd shot! happy new yr in advance!

    losh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh... I'm begining to feel as if Meshak's rooftop is calling out to me too... :)
    Love the pics Chavie...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the two before the last!
    Monkeys Rule. Have a good vacation or study session. Be back soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pics.

    Subha aluth awurudak wewa obata

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Losh - Thank you! And wish you a very happy new year too! :D

    Kirigalpoththa - Thanks, that's what the west looks like from our home... Wish we had a good vantage point to look at it though! :)

    Angel - Yes, we should all go up there and have a barbecue one of these days! Meshak will be thrilled to have everyone over! :D And Thank you, glad you liked them! :D

    Magerata - Thanks, and glad you liked them... Haha, will try to keep away from the PC aaaaand various Avurudu activities and try to study instead... It's proving to be VERY hard at the moment! :D

    Azrael - Thank you bro!

    Obatath subhama subha nawa wasarak wewa!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monkeyssss. Ehehehe
    Love the shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GG - Yeah them Monkehs. Woke me up this morning too! :( And Thank ye! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow.. such beautiful pics. You should've checked out that manual on the first day itself. hehe.. My favorite are the 2nd and the 4th pics.. they have amazing colors.

    Cute monkeys.. I'm sure they're making a ruckus trying to thank you for the delicious mangoes. Anyway isn't it so nice to have a part of nature beside your home. ^__^ Sadly.. *or gladly* there aren't any monkeys over here. =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chavie, happy new year mate. You make me even more homesick with these gorgeous sunsets. ;(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Harumi - Yes, I should've! lol :D And thank you! I'm glad you like them! :D

    Haha, yeah they are! They come regularly these days, and bite into all the unripe fruits and just throw them down! Yes, you should be glad! ;) And the 'Rilawas' that you find in Kandy cause much more damage to homes and gardens than the 'Wanduras' we have here... So you should be extra glad there aren't any around!!! hehe :D

    Serendib - Obatath Esema Wewa! :D Wow, never meant to mate! :( Hey you said you were coming down to Sri Lanka for a visit yeah? :)

    ReplyDelete