Wednesday, February 24, 2010

On the TRALE again

Ok, I'll start this post with a *facepalm* 'coz one of my very first posts was about last year's TRALE. I won't link to it, because it's embarrassing to even look at that thing! :O My connections to TRALE are vaguely interesting. I helped organize its predecessor event called "The Miniature Transportation Exhibition" in 2008. I was helping out with TRALE as well, but life happened and I had to leave school two months before it took place... And to add some spice to TRALE '09, the LTTE conducted an air raid on the first night of the event!

So anyway, if you guys are free this Friday, Saturday or Sunday, and have an interest in aviation and model railroads and vintage cars, head down to Mount Lavinia for a transportation exhibition like no other! And who knows, you might find a certain blogger lurking behind a Cessna or something! lol :)

TRALE 2010: From the 26th to the 28th of February, 9.00 AM to 10.00 PM, at the STC Small Club Grounds (the grounds right next to the Galle Road)

We now conclude the shameless advertising segment of tonight's newscast. And in other news, exams are finito tomorrow and the presentation I mentioned has been postponed! Could life get any better than this??? (no) :D

13 comments:

  1. Model railroads were one of my favourite long time back...

    So it is a COMPLETE year for your BLOG! Weldone and keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirigalpoththa - I think a lot of boys are fascinated with model railways, and I read somewhere that many grown men would still love to own a train set! :D

    Yep, one full year and four days since I moved to Blogger! Thank you for the wishes, and for being there throughout the ride K! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check this out if you're into miniatures: http://www.kitmaker.net/

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHha.. I did a story on TRALE last year for the paper I was working for... I interviewed some of ur guys.. ahhaha.. Were u there? wait.. il send the link on FB :P :P hahahhahah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, will try to make it.

    Hey thanks for putting this up, otherwise never would have known :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh this is something for the Hubster. Will pass on the message

    ReplyDelete
  7. AVIATION!!! How thou loves it.

    Will try my best to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Womanist - That article is kinda famous around College man!!! Never knew you wrote it! :O Noooo, I wasn't there... :D

    Az - Hope you can make it... Well, there's much more publicity this time around, with TV ads and a poster campaign, but I feel that they aren't utilizing the web to it's full potential... We did much more web advertising last time around... hmmm :S

    Sue - Pass it on to your friends as well! Hope you guys can make it! :D

    Gadgetgirl - Aaaah, who doesn't love flying things eh? ;) Hope you can make it, and try to bring the brother along!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Cool. I think I saw the ad on Tv.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Book Baker - Well, a really good friend of mine made that ad... He was really excited when it ran on TV! hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. And advertising it was indeed..lol. one yr n 4(6?) days? Happy belated bloggeversary, Chavie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Losh - Hehe, Thank you for the wishes and for reading! :D

    ReplyDelete