Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hello from Rathnapura

(...where no matter which band you tune your radio to, all you hear is Hudson Samarasinghe!)

I'm sorry I've been quiet for a while. Midterm exams are one week away (yikes!) and my first graded group presentation is scheduled for the week after. I can safely say that I haven't studied anything, and barely even went through the past papers... and I'm sitting here with all my study material at hand and writing this post instead. Procrastination ftw!

Since I don't seem to be in any kind of hurry to stop writing this and watch Amélie get down to studying, I'll continue on a completely unrelated topic. Neth FM (one of the few 'listenable' Sinhala radio station out there) has a programme on Saturday mornings called 'Sanchaare'. They were visiting Jaffna and Delft on this week's programme. There are apparently huge fields of green grass as far as the eye can see, where the wild ponies live. And on a clear day you can see Rameshwaram over the sea... I WANT TO GO! NAAAO!!! Hmmm, drop all these exam stuff and leave... now there's an idea! ;) lol

Will leave you with a few snaps of Rathnapura, taken between November '08 and last December. The only thing that has changed since is that the rubber trees are red and leafless, like they usually are in February... quite a sight! :)





Sri Pada (the rightmost peak out of the 3) as seen from Karawita

Tommy, our faithful farmdog (who talks! I kid you not!) :D

P.S. Tapping the infinite wisdom of the intertubes here: What is the most effective way to control stage fright? ;)