Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Escape

Komari Beach. Picture by my friend the hiker

Exams will be over tomorrow. I've been waiting for this day for a long time. And my legs are itching to run fast and run far. I need to get away from this city. It no longer feels like home. I know, I know, I used to profess my undying love for her back in the day, but all of that feels like another lifetime now.

I've even been toying with this strange idea of just leaving for somewhere else (Trincomalee? IDK) and starting anew. Strange because it's so out of character, but I don't really know who I am any more. I blame deleting my Facebook account for this. :)

Other things I really need to do include learning some Haskell and polishing up on my driving, because I have a major urge to do something like this, soon:




Since I forgot to mention this: the footage is from a real early morning drive through Paris, in which the driver actually ran red lights and all. It's from a cult film called C'était un rendez-vous

15 comments:

  1. Enjoy your break!
    Look forward for your travel stories and pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amila. :D
    Yeah, hopefully this Nov/Dec will be more eventful than the last one... all I remember is rain, rain and some more rain. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great..! Hope to hear loadsa stories from you. Keep us updated.

    PS: Nice pic and cool MV. Enjoyed the drive through the sleeping town more than the song. =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy you, man. We have a month more to finish the exams. :(
    Good luck with the rest of the exams! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck for the DAA paper

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about a drive to Komari and then walk up to Sangamankanda Point?

    Before that better brush up your driving as above require some good off-road skill as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harumi - Thanks. Hopefully will be be able to travel far and wide and take loadsa pictures. :D

    Yeah, the video goes so well with the song. :)

    Thameera - Thanks man. :D Ah. :( When you're over we can frisbee. :D

    Anon - Thanks, dude. :D

    Kirigalpoththa - Haha, my driving leaves a lot to be desired... I don't think I'll be able to make it right across the country. xD But great idea. I miiiight be going that way in the next week or so btw, I'll send you an email if I am. Need to ask you some stuff. :)

    Thanks for the comments, guys. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh.. the joyous feeling of finishing exams...:)

    Have a great holiday! and enjoy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lady D - Yeaaaah. :D

    Thank you. Will hopefully do. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, no exams! And yay, Malabe in Jan! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bo Bice - Yes indeedy. Let's crash at Deiya's place, or Sachchas! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whacko - Hopefully. :) But it looks like I'll have to fight to the teeth to get permission. :/

    ReplyDelete
  13. rebel, man. Che Guerra want you to.

    ReplyDelete