Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Why Fill T is the best rapper in Sri Lanka

Here's what his YouTube description says:

Chamath Perera better known by his stage name Fill T, is a Sri Lankan entertainer, rapper, record producer and actor. Fill T is best known as an MC in the West Coast hip hop scene, and for being one of Sri Lanka's most notable protégés. Fill T was a CMB Crip gang member while in Colombo.

To which a commenter replies:

CRIP gang member????? Aney Huththo! Panadure godey Kariya....

But YouTube comment battles aside, Fill T has produced some of the most memorable lyrics by a Sri Lankan rapper ever. This is a clip of him rapping drunk:


I've taken the clip and turned it into a few easy-to-follow strips:



14 comments:

  1. Angel - I have no idea, and I don't want to find out, either. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The easy to follow strips are so funny !!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. MC - Thank you! xD This is what I do when I'm supposed to be studying. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whos dat? West coast, which one? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the Crips are a famous African American gang. They played a major role in the original west coast/east coast rap wars, and they were also linked to Tupac's murder. The guys who bumped him off were said to be on the payroll of either Biggie a.k.a. the Notorious B.I.G. or Tupac's own producer Suge Knight; although, personally, it could've just been this one pissed off Crips member who Tupac had beaten the crap out of the day he was killed.

    Okay, I'll stop now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kirigalpoththa - Neither had I, till a friend introduced me to his YouTube stream. It was LULZ at first sight. ;) haha

    Magerata - He used to be the rapper for a band named Sixth Lane, I think. :D And I have no idea whether he's talking about the US or Sri Lanka! hahaha :D

    Himal - Thanks for the comment and the description. :D Nothing to be ashamed of, mate. ;) Street gangs and your knowledge of them... sigh :')

    Amila - ;) hahaha

    RoseTintedView - I watched that once, been trying forever to track it down again, but couldn't. :( But I agree, fucking awesome video! :D

    Thanks for the comments, guys! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. LMFAO. Sarath's face.
    Oh man. Thanks for that, I nearly died. :')

    ReplyDelete
  8. Makuluwo - Haha! xD Glad you liked it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok I just couldn't resist leaving "another comment" on your blog especially since you share the same enthusiasm as I in dissin this wannabe Pill-T.

    Sarath's face is the beginning of a long line of local memes to come out xD

    Simply put Crips are the Blue Gang. Bloodz are the Red. Mainly into wide scale minor crimes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to Boredom - Haha :D Hey, feel free to leave comments mate. :D

    Hahaha, yeah! xD

    Thanks for the comments, mate. :)

    ReplyDelete