Friday, November 26, 2010

Welcome to the rain-affected test match known as life*

11:21 AM

The downpour keeps steady as I gaze out the window on the second floor of Liberty Plaza. Hard enough to make the towers in the distance a barely visible grey silhouette, but not hard enough to drive away the people from the street. The street, as it runs in front of Liberty, has 6 lanes and is one way, though it functions like a 4 lane road. I love staring at the rain, more so when I'm safely behind a window. Yes, I'm evul like that.

Liberty cinema is playing a Hindi film called Guzaarish. Aishwarya Rai reminds me of a creep zombie for some reason. O_O They're playing an old Bathiya Santhush song called 'Tharuka', which I heard is based on a Hindi song. Earlier they played some hip-hop song which had the lyrics 'This is an awesome ring tone for your phone' in the rap. Hmph.


01:34 PM

We're walking back to Kollupitiya in the rain. The buriyani and doughnuts we had for lunch are getting digested. Talk shifts to malfunctioning computer parts and how to destroy hard drives without any scratch-marks and have them replaced. The school yard has filled up like a lake and a stream is flowing out into the road. Fucktards drive at breakneck speeds in the almost bumper to bumper traffic and splash water all over the pedestrians. I yell obscenities at 'em. Rain is fun.

2:51 PM

We're at the uni canteen again, Meshak, another friend of ours and I (Yes, in the middle of vacation. So what? We kinda missed the place okay?). The second years had decorated the common room with and the wall sported a sign saying 'Thank U'. I guess they threw a little party for the lecturers before 'graduating' from here and moving on to the bigger campus. I'm going to miss them. They were the polar opposite of our own batch, always together, having fun. Even from a distance, it was a treat to watch them. Le sigh.

* Okay, the title has got nothing to do with the post. But it does vaguely sound like something off Chinaman, yes? ;)

9 comments:

  1. Dang! Seriously have to read Chinaman! Well at least you seem to be enjoying the weather :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg - You should. :D Well it has its advantages, but I do prefer sunny weather so that I can go out a bit more. :D

    Kirigalpoththa - I know mate. :S It's crazy! :D

    Thanks for the comments, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! We had rain too but the temps were down to 1C! Brrrr so no playing in the rain.
    How come you already have the vacation, I am off on 15th and on 17th I will be in the hills among tea bushes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magerata - 1C??? :O Dayum. I hate the cold, wouldn't be caught dead in a icy rain like that. :D

    Well we get two 2 month holidays per year, and this is our Nov-Dec one. :D Good to hear you'll be down next month, hopefully the weather will be better by then. :) Good luck with tea! And thanks for dropping by. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I was in Col for a bit and the day I arrived, it had the highest rainfall in 18 years. What a welcome! And your wanderings remind me of my school days – we used to frequent that area...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Serendib - Wow, hope you could get to Colombo from the airport? That road floods quite easily. :| Aaah, I can imagine. "Kollupitiya junction and we all had a function" goes the song, yeah? ;D (Hope you're making it for the big match this time!)

    Thanks for the comment, SI! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You saw Aish like a zombie? O__o

    Sounds like you really missed the canteen the most, ne? =D Nice to hear about your seniors. I'm sure your batch will turn out just like them. Bonds grow strong with time. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Harumi - Haha, kinda. xD

    Yeah, the canteen is where we get together, eat, drink, talk and joke. ;) It's the watering hole of the Uni system. xD I hope we do, though I have my doubts. :)

    Thanks for the comment, Harumi! :D

    ReplyDelete